"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one. And we have confidence in the Lord concerning you, both that you do and will do the things we command you. Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ." 2 Thes. 3:1-5
Packing supplies for the children and caretakers at the mission homes in Liberia.
I suppose I should call this newsletter a “prayer letter” this month. That’s exactly what it is; not much news, but plenty of prayer requests! As the team prepares to leave for Liberia on May 24th, we just want to dedicate this correspondence to ask you to be praying for them from the time you receive this until they are able to return home and process all that the Lord has done and would like to teach them. Above all else, they desire to be obedient to do as the Lord directs, through His power alone, as they serve the people of Liberia. The following requests and praises are from the team… they covet your prayer.
One of the 30 bags that will travel to Liberia with the team.
Prayer List for Liberia
Pray that God would...
• continue to reveal His vision for the trip as we finish preparing and throughout our time in Liberia.
• unify the team and allow us to enjoy a spirit of unity with the folks in Liberia with whom we will be interacting. (This is no small request when two groups are brought together from very different cultures!)
• build lifelong relationships between team members and our brothers and sisters in Liberia.
• allow team members to use our gifts and skills to build up the body of Christ in Liberia and encourage our brothers and sisters there.
• keep team members physically safe and in good health before the trip and while traveling and that He would protect their family members in these final days as we prepare to go and are away from them.
• strengthen and protect team members and their families from spiritual forces of evil which would try to hinder the trip in anyway.
• be glorified in many ways through this trip and His plans would be accomplished.
Praise God that He has...
• provided the financial resources needed to make the trip possible and provided us with amazingly low flight costs.
• brought together so many people to support the trip through praying, contributing supplies, giving their time to help prepare, and giving financially.
• held back the Ebola virus, so that it has not ravaged the people of Liberia and we are still able to go.
• given wisdom and diligence to team members as we have prepared for our focus areas.
• allowed details for the trip (i.e. flights, lodging, visas, focus area prep) to fall into place.
• replaced our fears with joy and excitement over having the opportunity to go and worship Him in Liberia.
There are just a couple of updates to pass on besides the prayer requests: Many of the students from the Daniel Hoover Children's Village took their National Exams this past week - hopefully the kids have done well and retained all that they have been taught! Also, Queen, who helps keep us informed of the goings-on at the mission homes, is recovering from having both malaria and typhoid over the past three weeks. You can add that to your prayer list… that she would regain her health fully!
Thank you for being a part of all that God is doing in Liberia. It has been very exciting to see so many people, from so many different places, join together to gather supplies for the kids, donate funding, and pray diligently for those who are able to go. Your involvement is cherished, and we are grateful!